Each profession attracts specific personality types. Attorneys included. For high-achieving attorneys, there is usually a more specific personality profile. Here is a quick outline of the typical personality profile of high-achieving attorneys.
- In the general U.S. population, 75% are extroverts. However, 66% of all attorneys are introverts.
- Using the Meyers-Briggs definitions, the main type for attorneys is INTJ. It is five times more common in attorneys than in the general population.
- They want information quickly and to the point.
- They want to improve big picture systems.
- They are often very skeptical.
- They prefer to find out the answers themselves; They strongly trust their own instincts.
- They prefer to come to conclusions by logical, fact-based, objective thinking.
- They prefer to have everything planned FAR in advance and to have all of their "ducks in a row".
- They are highly driven to get results.
If you possess most (i.e., 80%) of these traits, consider a career in the legal field. You have a good chance of being successful!
Dr. Reneé Carr is the leading expert in high achievement personalities and in abundance. As a psychologist and executive-life coach, she helps accomplished individuals and businesses achieve elevated success and whole-life abundance through higher-level thoughts and behaviors. For more information, please visitwww.DrReneeCarr.com. Follow @DrReneeCarr.